Our Departments offers a wide variety of broad and specific class that represent the myriad interests of Communication Studies. In addition to these listed courses, faculty often offer seminar discussions based on the mutual interest of students and faculty.
Courses offered for Spring 2016
% = online-only course
+ = also offered online
& = Track course option
! = Degree Requirement (refer to area of emphasis)
- COMM100: Principles of Human Communication
- COMM102: Human Communication in Interpersonal Contexts
- COMM103: Presentational Speaking
- COMM104: Public Communication+
- COMM105: Introduction to the Mass Media+
- COMM112: Small Group Communication
- COMM122: Human Communication in Contemporary Society
- COMM201: Communication Theory and Research 2
- COMM202: Interpersonal Communication!
- COMM203: Communication Cornerstones
- COMM212: Gender and Communication
- COMM293K: Translating Communication Scholarship %
- COMM300: Interpersonal Communication Theory&!
- COMM303: Business and Professional Communication&+
- COMM305: Appreciation of Motion Pictures&+
- COMM306: Communication in the Organization!+
- COMM307: Life-Span Communication&!
- COMM308: Nonverbal Communication+
- COMM309: Health Communication&!+
- COMM314: Nonviolence Communication Behavior&
- COMM315: American Diversity in Western Film&%
- COMM316: Intercultural Communication+
- COMM335: Social Media in the Workplace&!+
- COMM393A: Advanced Public Speaking
- COMM393B: Professional Etiquette
- COMM401: Communication Research methods&
- COMM403: Capstone Seminar!
- COMM404: Persuasion&!
- COMM405: Effects of Mediated Communication&!
- COMM406: Advanced Organizational Communication&!
- COMM408: Advanced Study in Nonverbal Communication&
- COMM409: Advanced Health Communication!
- COMM410: Family Communication&!
- COMM425: Computer Mediated Communication&!
- COMM426: Organizational Culture&!
- COMM490: Teaching Practicum
- COMM491: Professional Field Experience%!
- COMM493M: Leadership&
- COMM495: Independent Study
Be sure to check the WVU Office of the Registrar for up-to-date information using their course schedule search engine.